Pages

All about box camera photography with a special emphasis on Ensign Ful-Vue cameras.

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Don't underestimate that plastic lens...

Now I must admit, I didn't expect amazing results from the Fulvueflex Synchroflash. When you read about it online it seems history has judged it a bit of a poor decision on Ensign's part, not really consistent with their brand. Right enough it's the only Ful-Vue camera to have a plastic lens and feels cheap to the touch. It's significantly lighter than the others.

However, when I developed the roll of film I shot on this camera I saw this:



The film was Kodak Ektar 100, professional grade film that excels at taking landscapes. Loading film of this calibre into essentially a toy camera felt a bit wrong at the time, but I was clearly too quick to judge the Fulvueflex because, well, look! The picture is gorgeous.

Here are some more of the roll:











So there you go. The Fulvueflex demonstrating that it isn't fancy expensive kit that takes great photos. It also performed very respectably at my wedding last month, so I'm no longer hesitant about grabbing this camera as I leave the house. In fact, on a recent trip to Bristol, this was my go to box camera as I was flying and mindful of my weight limit. I look forward to seeing the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment