Pages

All about box camera photography with a special emphasis on Ensign Ful-Vue cameras.

Sunday 26 April 2020

Pushing Catlabs to 640



Having had good results pushing Catlabs X Film 80 all the way to 320, I decided to try my luck one stop further at 640. I loaded up the Ful-Vue model II and waited for the sun to start setting. When it was low enough I ventured out to my usual spots for test shots and returned with 12 exposed frames. I developed the film in Rodinal 1+25 at 24°C for 30 minutes. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I didn't know if the development would work or if the pictures would all be horribly underexposed.





Here are the results:


Modus - The shiniest my car has ever looked - lens set for close-ups



Backlit Daffodils - very happy with how this came out - lens set for close-ups.



Firemore Beach and Cable Hut



Loch Ewe



Jetty - with lens flare



Cave



Looking out to sea - light was getting pretty low by now



Trees - A little underexposed but still nice



Cottage




The Torridons



Gate Post - lens set for close-ups



Another view of the Torridons

So, once again, pretty impressed. That little meniscus lens produced some nice sharp images, especially of my car and the gate post. The Catlabs film handled pushing this far just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment